XII
Jesus Dies on the Cross
We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you.
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world.
Those who love Your law have great peace. 
Psalm 119:165)

It was now about noon and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon because of an eclipse of the sun. Then the veil of the temple was torn down the middle. Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit"; and when he had said this he breathed his last.
Luke 23: 44-46
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1st John 4:9-10 
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
~ John 10:14-15
Did not the Christ have to suffer those things before entering into His glory? 
Luke 24:26